1. The amounts of the fees and reductions listed under point 3 are fixed by WIPO and expressed in Swiss currency (Rule 96 PCT). However, where these fees must be paid to the EPO - in its function as receiving Office or IPEA - they must be paid in euros.
2. Equivalent amounts in euros of the fees as fixed by WIPO are established by its Director General in accordance with the Directive of the PCT Assembly relating to the establishment of equivalent amounts of certain fees. [ 1 ]
3. The Director General of WIPO has informed the EPO that the equivalent amounts with effect from 1 January 2017 remain unchanged with respect to the ones published in OJ EPO 2015, A100 reproduced below for informative purposes:
International filing fee: EUR 1 219
Fee per sheet in excess of 30:
Reductions (under the Schedule of Fees, item 4):
- electronic filing (request not in character-coded format): EUR 92
- electronic filing (request in character-coded format): EUR 183
- electronic filing (in character-coded format): EUR 275
Handling fee: EUR 183
4. The amount of the international filing fee payable is the amount applicable on the date of receipt of the international application (Rule 15.3 PCT).
5. The amount of the handling fee payable is the amount applicable on the date of payment (Rule 57.3(d) PCT).
[ 1 ] .
Date retrieved: 30 December 2018